The American University of Beirut – Mediterraneo will offer five undergraduate programs in fall 2023. Undergraduate degree programs are four-year programs.
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
Because all AUB Mediterraneo programs are cohort-based, we admit students only once a year, in the fall term.
Who can apply?
Students who have completed one of these programs:
- High school program
- IGCSE (O Levels)
- IB Certificate or any other school leaving certificate
- Lebanese Baccalaureate
- French Baccalaureate
- Syrian Baccalaureate
- Jordanian Tawjihi
- German Abitur
- Official Government Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Full IB Diploma or IGCSE/GCE
How to apply
Prospective students must submit an undergraduate first-year application with the following documents:
Note: The online application link will be posted soon.
Admission is competitive and based on the results of SAT and high school transcript as follows:
- 50% on the SAT: (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing + Math) sections
- 50% on the standardized high school averages in grades 10 and 11
The SAT can be taken several times. Students can benefit from “super scoring". (i.e., taking the maximum score for each section from all sessions).
In terms of standardized high school averages, students are compared to their class average and to the average of applicants from the same school.
There are no specific cut-off scores. The higher the student's score, the better the chances of being admitted.
Students who are accepted for early admission automatically receive a merit scholarship award! Check scholarships section for more details.
Early Admission Requirements:
- Submit of to an application form by the early admissions deadline
- Class rank in the top 25 percent in Grade 10 and Grade 11
- SAT scores as follows:
Note: the 3 requirements must be present all at once for early admission to be considered. If any is missing, the application will be changed to regular admission.
Once accepted, please note that admission is conditional on the following and students may not register unless all conditions are met.
- Successfully met the
- Successfully completed Grade 12
- Successfully received the certificate or diploma on the basis of which admission was sought
As for grade 12 records, they do not affect admission (since usually students apply at the beginning of grade 12) nevertheless once the student is admitted, he/she will be required to present evidence of having met the following conditions (in general, no later than 1 month prior to the start of the term):
English Language Requirement
Undergraduate applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency by submitting satisfactory and valid scores from one of several tests. A score is considered satisfactory if it meets or exceeds the minimum requirement (see below) set by the American University of Beirut - Mediterraneo.
Demonstrating English Language Proficiency
| Test || Minimum Score || Validity |
|SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) ||530 ||2 years |
|TOEFL iBT ||69 ||2 years |
|IELTS (Academic) ||6.0 ||2 years |
|AUB-EN ||40 ||1 year |
All undergraduate applicants are requested to demonstrate RUSE as soon as possible after receiving their admissions decision from AUB Mediterraneo.
Application deadlines and the corresponding latest SAT sessions considered for each admission type are as follows:
|Early Admissions to Fall 2023-24||May 31, 2023 ||May 2023||by end of June 2023|
|Regular Admissions to Fall 2023-24||June 30, 2023||June 2023||by end of July, 2023|
|Early Admissions to Fall 2024-25||October 31, 2023 ||October 2023||by end of December, 2023|
|Regular Admissions to Fall 2024-25||December 20, 2023||December 2023||by end of March, 2024|
* Note: SAT registration deadlines are approximately 1-2 month(s) before the SAT test session date. To know more about the SAT exam and its registration, please refer to: www.collegeboard.org
You might be interested to check the following pages for information regarding:
If you have questions, complete this form.